● 160g Arborio Rice
● 1 cup of Dry White Wine
● 2 cups of Diluted Good Quality Chicken Stock
● 1 medium Butternut Squash
● 3 Sprigs of Thyme and Rosemary, finely chopped
● 1 tbsp. olive oil
● 1 red onion, finely sliced
● 1 clove of garlic, minced
● 1 tbsp. Crème Fraiche
● 30g Grated Parmesan
● 3 tbsp. butter
● 50g of kale, trimmed and finely sliced
● Handful Toasted Pine Nuts (garnish) extra Rocket and parmesan to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Peel the butternut pumpkin and dice into roughly 3cm pieces,
toss with the rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil. Place on an oven tray and
roast from 20-30 minutes or until just tender. Remove and set aside.
2. Whilst the squash roasts, in a large pan melt the butter and sweat the red onion and
garlic until they become soft and aromatic.
3. Add the Arborio rice, and gently fry, coating the rice with the butter and stirring
through the onion and garlic well for about 23 minutes.
4. Pour in the white wine and stir until it has completely been absorbed by the rice.
5. Add the stock, one ladle full at a time, stirring until it has also been absorbed.
Continue doing this until the rice is just a little more al dente (firm to bite) than preferred.
6. Add the finely shredded kale and continue to cook.
7. Finally, add the crème fraiche, parmesan and another knob of butter. Gently stir
through and garnish with the toasted pine nuts.