• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 200g baby spinach
• 2 tbsp. fresh mint finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• 250g fresh ricotta
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1∕2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill leaves
• 75g Feta, crumbled
• 12 sheets filo pastry
• 60g melted butter
• 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges, to serve
• Sea Salt Flakes, for seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Heat a large sauté pan over a medium high heat with the oil. Add the onion and sweat for
23 minutes, add the garlic and sauté for a further minute. Stir in the spinach and cook until soft for about 5 minutes.
Set aside in a colander to cool and drain off any excess liquid.
3. Mix the cooled spinach mixture, lemon zest, mint, ricotta, egg, dill and feta in a bowl until well
combined. Season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Place a sheet of the filo on the kitchen bench. Working quickly to ensure the pastry
does not dry out, brush with butter, top with another sheet of filo and repeat with the remaining filo.
5. Spoon the spinach mixture along 1 long side of filo, leaving a 3cm gap from the edge of
the pastry. Butter the top sheet and roll the mixture over itself creating a sausage encasing
the filling. Brush a little extra butter and coil the sausage and sprinkle with sesame seeds and repeat.
6. Transfer to a lined baking tray, and prick some steam holes into the top.Share This: