• 400g lamb backstrap
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 160g dried figs, roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup pine nuts 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 100g rocket leaves
• 1 small red onion, finely sliced
• 3/4 cup kalamata olives
• 140g feta cheese, crumbled
• 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
• 1∕4 bunch mint, picked and finely sliced crusty bread, to serve
1. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over
high heat. Cook lamb for 5 minutes turning every minute or so. Let rest on a plate
covered with foil.
2. Turn the pan down to a medium heat, and add 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add the fig,
pine nuts and minced garlic. Cook, gently stirring for 2 minutes or until pine nuts are
light golden and the garlic is fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Once cool,
toss through with the olives, feta, lemon zest and juice.
3. Slice the lamb into 1cm thick slices across the grain.
4. Gently toss the lamb with the salad and finally add the mint leaves.
5. Serve at room temperature or slightly warm.Share This: